Bike Fitting at Action Sports
Action Sports offers bicycle fitting services to ensure you have the highest rate of success and comfort on your bike. Our goal is to maximize comfort and performance to keep you enjoying the ride.
When you buy a bike from us, we always include a fit. Bike fitting is not exclusive to competitive riders either, it's for everyone that pedals! The bottom line is: if you aren't comfortable, you won't ride. And we want you on the bike!
Your body has a specific range of flexibility that is unique to you. Your fit is also unique; it cannot be reduced to a flat graph on a page of a cycling magazine. Science and art are heavily involved in a great fit! We fit you as a whole person, focusing on key adjustments for performance but paying special attention to your own problem areas. Mere millimeters can make the biggest difference in your position on the bike, and we are here to ensure your body is prepared and excited for the cycling journey.
Our goal is to keep you on your bike as pain-free as possible while maximizing your efficiency. We have decades of experience and have trained with some of the best bio mechanists and bike fitting experts in the industry. Our experience in this field is matched by few, but your feedback is equally important to our knowledge. Schedule a fit appointment today and see how your cycling improves!
OUR FITTING PROCESS
- Discussion- Every bike fit begins with a conversation that addresses your questions, needs, goals, and injury history. We will also discuss your equipment (shoes, seat, steam, & handlebars) to determine any likes or dislikes.
- On the bike evaluation- We put your bike on a stationary trainer in our store and watch as you cycle. We will evaluate your physical attributes such as hip flexion and spinal curve among other things. We will also make adjustments to your equipment to find an optimal foot and knee positions, hand position, and shoulder extension. The height of the handlebars, saddle, as well as the fore and aft of the saddle will also be evaluated to ensure correct positioning.
- Side view- This assessment uses your side view on the bike. The goal is to find the correct neutral position that is both efficient and comfortable by adjusting the seat, handlebars, stem, and cleats.
- Front view- This assessment analyses your position from a head-on view to optimize hip, knee, and foot alignment for optimum efficiency and balanced power delivery. This includes analysis of the pedal and shoe placement and how squarely you sit on the seat.
- Follow up- After a several rides with the new adjustments, we can discuss the effectiveness of the new fit and answer any other questions that have come up. It may feel odd at first, especially if major adjustments have been made so it may take a few rides to feel the effects. We want to make sure things are just right, or make some more adjustments to have you settling in and feeling your best.
Benefits of our fitting process
We're trained in muscle and skeletal anatomy related the the motion of cycling, common aches and pains associated with cycling, and the corrections necessary to address these issues. We want you to ride and thrive! With our fitting experience, tools, and equipment, we can recommend adjustments and prodicts that solve even the most unique challenges. We look forward to fitting you soon!